Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Sunflower seeds for birds?

Go down 
+2
Florentin
RustyK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Sunflower seeds for birds? Empty
PostSubject: Sunflower seeds for birds?   Sunflower seeds for birds? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:46 pm

I've heard that many birds like sunflower seeds, so the owners plant sunflowers and then cut the heads off and either hang them or just place them in the cage for the birds to eat. Do you do that?
Back to top Go down
Florentin
I am a
I am a
Florentin

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Sunflower seeds for birds?   Sunflower seeds for birds? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 2:36 am

just like humans, birds need a balanced diet.
also, what type of birds do you have? I think that will make a difference as well.
Back to top Go down
lilymom24
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Sunflower seeds for birds?   Sunflower seeds for birds? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:42 pm

I would think that as long as they have other types of bird food to balance out their diet, the sunflower seeds should be fine.

On another note, I used to cut the dead sunflower heads out of my garden and put them through the slats on my picnic table for the squirrels. They LOVED that and we had a great time watching them in our back yard. Smile
Back to top Go down
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Sunflower seeds for birds?   Sunflower seeds for birds? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:39 am

Sunflower seeds are a favorite of many birds and usually attract them like a magnet. And that the seeds should be in shell for the birds to consume them.

All birds need food high in protein and fat to fuel their bodies and provide energy for the many activities in a bird's life.
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Sunflower seeds for birds?   Sunflower seeds for birds? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:51 am

My grandfather has a number of different birds at home and he always has a large bag of sunflower seeds at his house for them.
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Sunflower seeds for birds?   Sunflower seeds for birds? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:39 am

The sunflower seeds are supposed to be high in proteins and are liked by the birds more than any other variety of seeds. There are two varieties - black oil and stripped ones-the black oil are preferred by most of the birds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunflower seeds for birds?   Sunflower seeds for birds? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunflower seeds for birds?
Page 1 of 1