Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Gardening as a hobby

Go down 
+8
jamesb
sanju123
Mei
jimmys devoted
lilymom24
andasay
RustyK
giay
12 posters
AuthorMessage
giay
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Gardening as a hobby Empty
PostSubject: Gardening as a hobby   Gardening as a hobby Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:12 am

Who's into gardening? What kind of plants you have? How do you manage it with your pets around?
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Gardening as a hobby   Gardening as a hobby Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 12:44 pm

I have a flower garden and a vegetable garden, both of them are small. The flowerbeds usually have impatients, and this year I had used a wild flower mix on one spot for the first time. It turned out nice.

My cats do not mess up the garden because they are indoor-only cats.
Back to top Go down
andasay
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Gardening as a hobby   Gardening as a hobby Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:44 am

I have quite a large garden with lots of flowers, trees and shrubs.

Ove rthe last few days I have been considering perhaps adding a vegetable plot to the mix. I have never grown veggies before, but I would like to become a little more self sufficient.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Gardening as a hobby   Gardening as a hobby Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:13 pm

Growing your own veggies is nice andasay, not only you save money but also they are healthier. I grow bell peppers, beets, carrots, onions. They are not hard to maintain, you just need to keep the weeds out and keep the plants watered.
Back to top Go down
lilymom24
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Gardening as a hobby   Gardening as a hobby Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 9:12 am

I have a vegetable garden and a few flower gardens and for the most part, the pets don't do any damage. The dog is usually in the back yard with the kids and if the cat is in the garden, its because I am out there working in it. He either rolls around in the dirt or sleeps under the pepper plants Smile
Back to top Go down
jimmys devoted
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: I have a small pot garden around teh house   Gardening as a hobby Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 6:44 pm

I have a selection of items grown in large terracotta pots all around the front. Mostly strawberries, peppers, radishes and a few flowers. I am going to attempt gourds this spring and a new grape arbor on the other side of the fence so the boys don't break them.

julie
Back to top Go down
Mei
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Gardening as a hobby   Gardening as a hobby Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:17 pm

we have a garden at home but it is really hard to maintain it. we used to plant flowers and vegetables but then we failed to take good care of it.
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Gardening as a hobby   Gardening as a hobby Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 2:54 am

I have got lot of open space, lot of trees and veggies have been planted there and I have a gardener to look after the lawns. I have a massive collection of potted plants, all those are taken care of by me. I spend 1 hr every weekend on my plants.
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Gardening as a hobby   Gardening as a hobby Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 7:27 am

I love gardening and we have a large garden at our house. We have various fruit trees including banana trees and mango trees.
Back to top Go down
Vlada
I am a
I am a
Vlada

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Gardening as a hobby   Gardening as a hobby Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:29 am

I´m sure that stress management is the important part of the survival of the every person in our everyday surroundings. But I prefer gardening, as a method to cope with stress. I put my favourite songs on while I do it and it helps me a lot. I love the smell of herbs and flowers.
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Gardening as a hobby   Gardening as a hobby Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:59 pm

I love gardening and have not really been able to do much anymore as I live in an apartment so my room is very limited. I loved when I lived on a farm and did a bunch of it.
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Gardening as a hobby   Gardening as a hobby Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:43 am

My husband is our gardener. I buy the flowers, he plants and weeds. I buy the veggies, he plants and weeds. We have a very good system if you ask me.

One time a bunny made its nest in our flower garden. My dog was always in there sniffing around. She wasn't hurting the baby bunnies, she was actaully protecting them. We finally realized that these babies were there and had to remove the nest as it was ruining my garden. My dog looked and looked for the babies day after day. She would go and sit right in the flowerbed where the nest was.
Back to top Go down
alcher_27
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Gardening as a hobby   Gardening as a hobby Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:00 pm

The dogs are not really a problem with the plants, since I have mostly orchids. But on occasions, they broke the pots.
Back to top Go down
andasay
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Gardening as a hobby   Gardening as a hobby Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:30 am

I have a huge garden and employed a local gardener to plant it up when we first moved in. I had all the good intentions of maintaining it myself, but I don't really have the time to keep up to it, what with the size of the thing.

I actually have employed a full time gardener over the last two weeks to come in and trim down the trees and shrubs and to take out any dead wood.
Back to top Go down
lilymom24
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Gardening as a hobby   Gardening as a hobby Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:38 pm

andasay,
I am jealous. Jealous that you have a HUGE garden and also someone to maintain it. I am hoping to put in a much bigger garden this year and will be giving each of the kids an area to maintain and choose what to plant in it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gardening as a hobby   Gardening as a hobby Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gardening as a hobby
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: General Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: