Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Kittens with diarrhea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Kittens with diarrhea Empty
PostSubject: Kittens with diarrhea   Kittens with diarrhea Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:47 pm

My aunt has taken it two adorable orange kittens. Unfortunately, they have bad diarrhea... She is feeding them good kitten food, but it does not seem to help. She may be unable to take them to the vet right away, does anyone know of a good remedy?
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Kittens with diarrhea   Kittens with diarrhea Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:13 pm

I was just dealing with this with a kitten I have. I switched her over to Meow Mix Wholesome goodness (its dye free and preservative free) and started her on a low dose of antibiotics. After 2 days she has done a complete turn around. I was lucky enough to find a vet that told me it most likely (if ongoing for more then several days) was some type of bacteria that can only be treated with antibiotics.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Kittens with diarrhea   Kittens with diarrhea Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 2:40 am

Bacteria might be the case with these poor kittens as well, they were dumped outside and obviously spent some time homeless, so they could have caught anything.
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Kittens with diarrhea   Kittens with diarrhea Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:41 pm

It is a tough thing. If it is bacteria they will have to get antibiotics to get better if not it could be a food sensitivity if they are really small and not still nursing maybe try some kitten milk from the store instead of any other food or something that is void of dyes and preservatives and all that heavy stuff that can be tough on their insides. I'd also stay away from all wet food.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kittens with diarrhea   Kittens with diarrhea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kittens with diarrhea
Page 1 of 1