Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Hamsters or Guinea Pigs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Froix
I am a
I am a
Froix

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Hamsters or Guinea Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Hamsters or Guinea Pigs   Hamsters or Guinea Pigs Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:00 pm

I've always had both of this critters mixed up. I've seen hamsters a lot but not guinea pigs but I think I've seen one once. What exactly are the differences between these two as a pet? Which one makes a better pet?
Back to top Go down
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Hamsters or Guinea Pigs   Hamsters or Guinea Pigs Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:36 pm

We raised guinea pigs growing up. They loved to be cuddled and they do get lonely. The Humane Society actually recommends that if you are going to get one, then get two because they are lonely creatures and prefer company. Of course unless you want a bunch of them, make sure you get two of the same gender.

If you decide to get a hamster, they like to get out of their cages during the evening and run around in a different atmosphere. They like to sleep most of the day. The Humane Society recommends that you never put them in an exercise ball, especially if you have cats. Both types of animals can get stressed.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Hamsters or Guinea Pigs   Hamsters or Guinea Pigs Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:46 am

Hamsters are smaller and not so furry (they look more like mice) Gunieau pigs are furry and I think bigger too.

I don't like either. I had hamsters when I was growing up. I won't get one for my daughter.
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Hamsters or Guinea Pigs   Hamsters or Guinea Pigs Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:37 pm

I had a Guinea Pig growing up, and the cleaning of the cage was the only thing I hated. i would love to have another now, but we already have 3 cats and 1 dog. Many more and my neighbors will hate me.
Back to top Go down
elvenrunelord
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Hamsters or Guinea Pigs   Hamsters or Guinea Pigs Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:21 pm

I'm planning on getting a piggie soon. I don't know what type to get though. I like the looks of the long haired piggies but I've heard they are harder to take care of as well. Any advice for a potential piggie owner?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hamsters or Guinea Pigs   Hamsters or Guinea Pigs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hamsters or Guinea Pigs
Page 1 of 1