Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Eating on their own - Another milestone

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Eating on their own - Another milestone Empty
PostSubject: Eating on their own - Another milestone   Eating on their own - Another milestone Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:55 pm

Our kittens just started to eat on their own! We are giving them milk and soft food- Also kitten food (hard) with a little warm water to soften it up.

They are so cute.

Anyone know if there is anything special I should be feeding them?
Back to top Go down
SpoiledAngel
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Eating on their own - Another milestone   Eating on their own - Another milestone Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:24 pm

I hope you are not giving the kittens cow milk. Cow milk isn't good for their digestive tracts. they sell first born milk for kittens. That is what I am now using for a kitten who was abandoned by it's mama. I soak her dry kitten food in the first born kitten milk, and then allow it is soften, then I let her eat it. She is actually doing awesome. I decided to name her Isabella. She is white with gray markings.
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Eating on their own - Another milestone   Eating on their own - Another milestone Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:30 am

I know I was surprised to find out that cow milk was not healthy for a kitten. Who would have known back in the day everyone thought that was a luxurious treat for the kitty cats. Oh well, now we know. I buy goats milk personally and water it down a little and limit how much I give my cats and they love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eating on their own - Another milestone   Eating on their own - Another milestone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eating on their own - Another milestone
Page 1 of 1