Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Pet Raccoon

Go down 
+2
elvenrunelord
RustyK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Pet Raccoon Empty
PostSubject: Pet Raccoon   Pet Raccoon Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 5:47 pm

My brother-in-law used to have a pet raccoon. He had found her as a baby, took her in the house and raised her. She was fun until she had grown too big and began to play a little rough. She would not intentionally hurt you, but just because of her size and strength you had to watch out.
Back to top Go down
elvenrunelord
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Pet Raccoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Raccoon   Pet Raccoon Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:02 pm

Yea a raccoon in a domestic environment will grow to be really big because of the regular feedings. And they can get rough. Kind of sad to hear he had to let her go, she probably has no idea how to survive in the wild now.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Pet Raccoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Raccoon   Pet Raccoon Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:31 pm

I thought it was very sad for her, too. He said she had stayed in the yard for a while, then began to venture farther away, and then she seemed to adjust to living in the wild completely. He'd see her once in a while, call out her name, and she'd turn her head, but she wouldn't come.
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Pet Raccoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Raccoon   Pet Raccoon Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 12:28 pm

Aren't they a little dangerous at times? I would be terrified to see a racoon in my house or even in someone else's home. I would think that they would attack. They're pretty scary.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Pet Raccoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Raccoon   Pet Raccoon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 1:27 am

Well, I don't know for sure, but since he had this one since she was very little, she had grown up around humans and was very tame. She never attacked or tried to hurt anyone on purpose. Sometimes she'd play a little rough, but that's just because of her size.
Back to top Go down
dreamr802
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Pet Raccoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Raccoon   Pet Raccoon Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:31 pm

I think that since he got her when she was young it got use to him...That's sad that he had to let her go but at the same time she did need to be in the wild. It's good that she stayed in the yard until she was comfortable to venture on her own.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Pet Raccoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Raccoon   Pet Raccoon Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:12 pm

I like raccoons but I don't know if I could keep one as a pet. They're cute but I don't want to get bitten.
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Pet Raccoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Raccoon   Pet Raccoon Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:39 pm

I could not imagine trying to care for a raccoon I would be scared to death knowing what they are capable of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pet Raccoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Raccoon   Pet Raccoon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pet Raccoon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: Pets :: Friends we have never hear about-
Jump to: