Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

People food?

Go down 
+5
aclowers
giay
KrisNY
Simplyme
RustyK
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

People food? Empty
PostSubject: People food?   People food? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 4:32 pm

Do your pets beg for people food? Do you give them any? One of my cats always comes to the table when we eat, hoping to get a sample of our food. Sometimes he does, but only a little. The other two are happy with their cat food and do not care for what we eat. Smile
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

People food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: People food?   People food? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 5:14 am

My kittens constantly try to steal from our plates or take the scraps out of the garbage but the strays that come around seem completely disinterested in it for some reason. Some scraps I will give them but I try to not give them very much just because too much is not good for them.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

People food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: People food?   People food? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 1:42 am

The funny thing about my cat is that he thinks that human food doesn't count - he'll get his treats when we eat and then go to the cat bowl together with the other two cats to get his portion of catfood! Smile And if the portion is smaller, he'll be upset and let me know about it.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

People food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: People food?   People food? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 6:27 am

Both kittens beg and 1 won't eat it so it's funny. Our dog also begs when she is in the house and we are eating. I always give Carmen (dog) food when we are done.
Back to top Go down
giay
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-11-01

People food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: People food?   People food? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 11:02 pm

I don't do this because he'll get used to it. I'm afraid he'll come to the table even when we have guests and I don't want to annoy anyone. Not everybody enjoys having pets around when they are taking meals.
Back to top Go down
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

People food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: People food?   People food? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 11:12 pm

My cats have always been pretty good about not begging, until recently. We probably did it to ourselves. Tiger, just loves pork rinds. So, we will give him a few small pieces. Whenever we are cooking any type of meat, he is our best friend.
Back to top Go down
MHJ
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-10-07

People food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: People food?   People food? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:02 am

The only people food I would give my cat is chicken breast. The reason for this is that it's very close to the cat's actual diet. We
Back to top Go down
jimmys devoted
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-09-09

People food? Empty
PostSubject: we always give   People food? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:41 pm

our babies dont beg. they wait patiently. But then again we cook for them and give them canned and dry food. Liek tonight they had fresh chicken livers some canned food mixed with kibble for their dinner. the samll treats they get frm our sandwhich or breakfast is just a way of sharing with them.

most of the time i cook dinner for them and us at the same time so everyone eats t and there is little teary eyed looks.

julie
Back to top Go down
Froix
I am a
I am a
Froix

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-07

People food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: People food?   People food? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:49 pm

Our dog eats a lot of people food but he only eats what's given and trained not to take any food out of the table and eating food off the plate is out of the question.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

People food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: People food?   People food? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 5:09 am

That's one well-behaved doggie you've got Froix. Smile

Our cats know that stealing food is forbidden, too. One had attempted to just take what he liked when we'd first gotten him, but he just didn't know any better. He understands now that people food belongs to people - until they offer to share. Smile So he begs. Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

People food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: People food?   People food? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:32 am

My kitten always feel satisfied with its cat food. And it even doesn't fully eats its own food. It is very silent and doesn't causes trouble to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

People food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: People food?   People food? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People food?
Page 1 of 1