Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

What are seed moths ? and how do you get rid of them ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

What are seed moths ? and how do you get rid of them ? Empty
PostSubject: What are seed moths ? and how do you get rid of them ?   What are seed moths ? and how do you get rid of them ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:25 am

Can someone explain what seed moths are and how do you get rid of them ??
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
shruti
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: What are seed moths ? and how do you get rid of them ?   What are seed moths ? and how do you get rid of them ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:14 am

Actually i don't know anything about it.
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: What are seed moths ? and how do you get rid of them ?   What are seed moths ? and how do you get rid of them ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:13 am

Seed moths I believe are the same as Flour moths and tend to be found around food sources such as bird seed etc. There are two ways that I read to get rid of them and that is with the use of Flour Moth traps (which work very well) and also to prevent them freeze your bird seed for 1 or 2 days before opening. Hopefully, this helps I know it did not answer all the questions but hopefully it gave you some ideas at least.
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: What are seed moths ? and how do you get rid of them ?   What are seed moths ? and how do you get rid of them ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:47 am

Great !! As much as I hate flour moths, I certainly don't want any more of the little buggers hanging around !
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
Dolphy
I am your
I am your
Dolphy

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: What are seed moths ? and how do you get rid of them ?   What are seed moths ? and how do you get rid of them ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:12 am

There are also flour moth traps.. glue traps wih a little bait in the middle to attract them. They work well. The seed moths are a pain to deal with. You can order them from this website..

http://pet-supplies.drsfostersmith.com/search?p=Q&lbc=drsfostersmith&w=flour+moth+traps&af=cat1:birds%20type:product&isort=score&method=and&ts=results&rt=template_switch_search

there is also a new glass trap for them too I havent tried that one yet.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: What are seed moths ? and how do you get rid of them ?   What are seed moths ? and how do you get rid of them ? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 12:27 pm

Thank you for sharing about the traps, I will keep those in mind. We do not have flour or seed moth right now, but we used to, years ago, and it was hard to get rid of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are seed moths ? and how do you get rid of them ?   What are seed moths ? and how do you get rid of them ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are seed moths ? and how do you get rid of them ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: Pets :: Feathery Friends-
Jump to: