Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Are dog bones good for your dog ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Are dog bones good for your dog ? Empty
PostSubject: Are dog bones good for your dog ?   Are dog bones good for your dog ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:21 am

Here is a subject which is very debatable.

Are bones good for your dog.

Now, for us, we do not feed our dogs any bones. The chances of them splintering and causing problems in their digestive track is too high of a problem.

We opt to use raw hide chews instead.

What are your thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Are dog bones good for your dog ?   Are dog bones good for your dog ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 3:10 pm

I would not say they are GOOD for them, but giving your dog treats is really important in the bonding that takes place between human and canine. We usually make peanut butter based bones of our own, but we do on occasion use store bought bones, and I have yet to see any adverse effects. Tucker simply can not do raw hide, they give him wicked intestinal distress!
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Are dog bones good for your dog ?   Are dog bones good for your dog ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:14 am

I don't give them real bones- I give her the treats that are shaped like bones. I don't like real bones for the fact that they can splinter and cause damage.

Carmen gets these dog treats usually twice a day. Once with her pills and once when we are doing tricks with her.
Back to top Go down
Oigen
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Are dog bones good for your dog ?   Are dog bones good for your dog ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 12:22 pm

Cow bones are great for your dogs, especially since they don't produce splinters when crushed. The worst are bird and pork bones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are dog bones good for your dog ?   Are dog bones good for your dog ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are dog bones good for your dog ?
Page 1 of 1