Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

What about Skunks?

Go down 
+3
wildwoman
RustyK
lizd
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lizd
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-09-19

What about Skunks? Empty
PostSubject: What about Skunks?   What about Skunks? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:54 pm

I saw a program once where all these people were at some sort of "pet skunk" convention. It was incredible. I remember they showcased one lady who had a skunk that would play dead in her arms. He was acting almost half dog and half cat.

Anyone have any experience with skunk ownership?
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

What about Skunks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Skunks?   What about Skunks? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:45 pm

I've never owned a skunk, but I have heard that people have them as pets (after removing the stinky glands, of course), and they are actually quite fun. I think it can be hard to overcome the psychological barrier of, "Oh my, it's a skunk!!" though.
Back to top Go down
lizd
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-09-19

What about Skunks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Skunks?   What about Skunks? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:30 pm

I think that would be the fun part though. Could you imagine having friends come over who don't know that you recently added a skunk to your family! I think it would be outrageously funny to see people's reaction when a skunk goes scurrying by them in the livingroom. affraid
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

What about Skunks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Skunks?   What about Skunks? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 5:45 pm

Oh yes, scaring your friends and relatives would be a huge part of fun! Very Happy

I would want to know more about what kind of a pet a skunk makes. Do they get attached to the owner? Do they play, cuddle, chase toys? Do they like to be held and petted?
Back to top Go down
wildwoman
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-31

What about Skunks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Skunks?   What about Skunks? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 7:21 pm

I have seen some programs and read up on it. I have been told as long as you DE-stink them,they are wonderful pets. I have thought about it but so far haven't went threw with trying to find one in my area.
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

What about Skunks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Skunks?   What about Skunks? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:35 am

I use to do direct sales and when I went into one ladies house she called her daughter and said, put the skunk away. I didn't quiet know what she was talking about but then after the show she came out holding a skunk! I couldn't believe it. This was her pet and it seemed very weird when she put it down and it was walking around the house.
Back to top Go down
HardworkinMom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-12-01

What about Skunks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Skunks?   What about Skunks? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 3:05 am

I cannot begin to imagine the many diseases that this animal carries. Better safe than sorry... so no thanks.
Back to top Go down
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

What about Skunks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Skunks?   What about Skunks? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:48 am

Skunks can be really a good pet. They are sensible and intelligent creatures. They will demand attention and play from their owners, sometimes very persistently. They require a variety of healthy foods in their diet.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

What about Skunks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Skunks?   What about Skunks? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:07 pm

It would be interesting, to say the least. But scaring you friends and relatives is always fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What about Skunks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Skunks?   What about Skunks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What about Skunks?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: Pets :: Friends we have never hear about-
Jump to: