Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Elevate their feeding dishes

Go down 
+2
mandiees
Simplyme
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Elevate their feeding dishes Empty
PostSubject: Elevate their feeding dishes   Elevate their feeding dishes Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:45 am

I was surprised to find out that it is not good for some dogs to have to bend over so far to eat and drink from a bowl. It does make sense when you think about arthritis and other joint conditions that many larger breeds suffer. So, if at all possible find a spot that is slightly higher to set the food dishes, I know that they do make some that bring the dishes up off the ground and many are under $20.
Back to top Go down
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Elevate their feeding dishes   Elevate their feeding dishes Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:18 pm

I have heard this before - I also think that elevating the food bowl helps to get rid of the possibility of bloat.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Elevate their feeding dishes   Elevate their feeding dishes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 10:08 pm

Is this something recommended only for dogs? My cats have their bowls on the floor and seem to be fine with it. They are smaller animals, so perhaps they are okay with that?
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Elevate their feeding dishes   Elevate their feeding dishes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:37 am

I have not ever heard of this either. It makes sense though- We do not eat that way- cowering over a food dish-- it makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Elevate their feeding dishes   Elevate their feeding dishes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:36 am

I have heard this about dogs, but not for cats. I have my cats feeders on the floor as well.
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Elevate their feeding dishes   Elevate their feeding dishes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 7:23 pm

I think my dog is also comfortable with the way I feed him, but feels annoyed when my son teaches him a lesson for being lazy. My son will keep its feeding bowl behind his toy bike and will make the dog place its front legs on the bike and start moving it. Now the scene is worth watching, the dog needs food, it will keep on moving on its hind legs and keep on munching on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elevate their feeding dishes   Elevate their feeding dishes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elevate their feeding dishes
Page 1 of 1