Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Does your dog do any tricks?

Go down 
+4
RastaKid
shruti
mandiees
KrisNY
8 posters
AuthorMessage
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Does your dog do any tricks? Empty
PostSubject: Does your dog do any tricks?   Does your dog do any tricks? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:54 pm

I'm wondering how tricky our dogs are.

My dog Carmen does all kinds of tricks. From sit, stay, roll over, fetch, speak, shake... and there are more I'm sure.

Why not discuss them here.
Back to top Go down
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog do any tricks?   Does your dog do any tricks? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:05 pm

All of our guys do the standards that you mentioned above, and we have been working with them to learn more and more as we go along:) I am trying to get them to learn how to get beers from the fridge.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog do any tricks?   Does your dog do any tricks? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:28 am

lol--- now that is a trick! Open the door- be sure to get the right can or bottle and bring it back! Of course without shaking it up!
Back to top Go down
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog do any tricks?   Does your dog do any tricks? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:48 pm

Heck I would even be ok if it was shaken up! Right now we have a rag tied to the door handle so they can open it with their mouth, which they do, its the reaching in for the right thing part that is puzzling right now... They usually go for the hot dogs or other people food!
Back to top Go down
shruti
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog do any tricks?   Does your dog do any tricks? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:04 am

My dog also does some type of excercises herself.
Back to top Go down
RastaKid
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog do any tricks?   Does your dog do any tricks? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:21 am

My dog is to young but in a few moths I'm going to send him to a trainer.
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog do any tricks?   Does your dog do any tricks? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 1:26 am

The only things my dog does is sit pretty for treats and shake hands. The shake hands though I believe is more of an accident then a trick though.
Back to top Go down
elvenrunelord
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog do any tricks?   Does your dog do any tricks? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:19 pm

About the best trick my dog knows is that he is always able to be in the kitchen when food is around. Its absolutely amazing. He can be asleep on the other side of the house and all someone has to do is start thinking about food.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog do any tricks?   Does your dog do any tricks? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 2:52 pm

LOL @ our dogs.... accidental shaking hands! Smile and smelling food when asleep on the other side of the house.

That sounds like my cat with the can opener- Whenever we use it- no matter for what she is there!
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog do any tricks?   Does your dog do any tricks? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:44 pm

My dog is great and I don't know if I can even call it tricks that he does. He seemed to be able to understand shake hands, roll over, stay, and easy things like that without my teaching him at all. It's like he was born knowing how to do those things.
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog do any tricks?   Does your dog do any tricks? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:08 am

Besides the usual dog stuff, my son has tought our dog skate board surfing.It used to fumble initially but now it has become an expert. It rides and takes a start and moves around briskly.It is an amazing feat to watch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog do any tricks?   Does your dog do any tricks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does your dog do any tricks?
Page 1 of 1