Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Separation Anxiety

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Separation Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Separation Anxiety   Separation Anxiety Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:50 pm

What is the best way to work with a dog that suffers from separation anxiety? How can you reassure them while you are away?
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Separation Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Separation Anxiety   Separation Anxiety Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:37 am

I go through this with both of my dogs to an extreme sometimes andI have had lots of good advice but I think I may have let it go on to long with my dog for it to be beneficial. Hopefully, someone can share some info that actually worked for them to help you with this if your pets are experiencing this too.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Separation Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Separation Anxiety   Separation Anxiety Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 11:11 pm

I do not have any good advice (sorry!) since I only had one dog who suffered from separation anxiety as a puppy and he had grown out of it as he became older. I guess he'd just figured that I may leave, but I will always come back. I wish I knew of a way to explain it to an adult dog! Smile

Last edited by LissyS on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Separation Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Separation Anxiety   Separation Anxiety Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:16 pm

I am lucky too to not deal with this, but I asked the question mostly to see if anyone is using medication to help their dog deal with the anxiety. I saw that there has recently been a drug introduced to the market to help dogs with anxiety, and I think its just such a strange thing to use for a dog.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Separation Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Separation Anxiety   Separation Anxiety Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:04 pm

I would not use drugs... I think it's enough that people are over-medicated today, we don't need to do this to our pets as well.
Back to top Go down
lizd
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Separation Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Separation Anxiety   Separation Anxiety Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:37 pm

Our dog had a serious case of this when she was young. At first we didn't understand what was going on. The vet had to explain it to us. I really don't have any advice, but I do know that in her case she did grow out of it. I'd say by the time she was around two years old.
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Separation Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Separation Anxiety   Separation Anxiety Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Separation Anxiety
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: Behavior Problems :: Behavior Problems-
Jump to: