Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Submissive Urination

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Submissive Urination Empty
PostSubject: Submissive Urination   Submissive Urination Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:32 pm

My cousin just adopted a puppy that submissively urinates - what is the likelihood she will just outgrow this? Is this common in puppies?
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Submissive Urination   Submissive Urination Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:01 am

I think this depends on breed and history. Most puppies will grow out of this. However, I have a dog that is almost 7 and she still does this far too frequently.
Back to top Go down
mandiees
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Submissive Urination   Submissive Urination Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:09 pm

I wonder what causes this - I just feel so bad for the dog! Is your dog a female too? It seems to be more common in female dogs for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Submissive Urination   Submissive Urination Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:41 am

Yeah, my dog is a female as well. She is a Chinese Crested Hairy hairless and the majority of the breed seems to be very antsy and almost scared of their own shadows.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Submissive Urination   Submissive Urination Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:12 pm

I, too, have seen adult dogs who do this. No amount of friendly reassurance helps... However, I think it should help with a puppy. As they grow and see that their owner is not trying to intimidate them, they should become more secure and stop peeing.
Back to top Go down
mandiees
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Submissive Urination   Submissive Urination Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 2:18 pm

They have another dog too that has been teaching the puppy a few things - I am hoping this will help as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Submissive Urination   Submissive Urination Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Submissive Urination
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: Behavior Problems :: Behavior Problems-
Jump to: