Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Crawfish in an aquarium

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Spike
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Crawfish in an aquarium Empty
PostSubject: Crawfish in an aquarium   Crawfish in an aquarium Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:23 pm

What ever you do (unless you like buying fish) don't put crawfish in your aquarium. I bought one at the fish store. Came home one day and he was eating my catfish. Guess he thought he was living in an all you can eat buffet. He is no longer around needless to say. That catfish cost me $10.00
Back to top Go down
DianaR
I am a
I am a
DianaR

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Crawfish in an aquarium   Crawfish in an aquarium Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:03 pm

I'm surprised the store didn't let you know that the crawfish wasn't a community oriented animal.

He probably would have done better in a tank with just one fish that was three times his size!
Back to top Go down
HardworkinMom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Crawfish in an aquarium   Crawfish in an aquarium Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:57 pm

I'm sorry...aren't crawfishes small and catfishes big? Do you have a pic of the two?
Back to top Go down
Spike
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Crawfish in an aquarium   Crawfish in an aquarium Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:15 pm

DianaR wrote:
I'm surprised the store didn't let you know that the crawfish wasn't a community oriented animal.

He probably would have done better in a tank with just one fish that was three times his size!

I didn't ask them if other fish would be a problem. They could have said they WILL eat small fish if they can catch them.
Back to top Go down
Spike
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Crawfish in an aquarium   Crawfish in an aquarium Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:17 pm

HardworkinMom wrote:
I'm sorry...aren't crawfishes small and catfishes big? Do you have a pic of the two?

The crawfish was about 3 inches long and the catfish was only about an inch and a half long. Don't have a picture of them and they're long gone now.
Back to top Go down
HardworkinMom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Crawfish in an aquarium   Crawfish in an aquarium Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:24 am

The catfish are an inch and a half long? The catfish I know are big. The ones we bread and fry? lol
Back to top Go down
Spike
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Crawfish in an aquarium   Crawfish in an aquarium Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:04 am

It was just a baby one. It' was a red tail catfish. Here's a picture of a grown red tail.
https://servimg.com/view/13561947/2
Back to top Go down
Mork
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Crawfish in an aquarium   Crawfish in an aquarium Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:10 pm

Do crawfish require a lot of extra steps in order to clean an aquarium? Or, is it no different from other types of aquarium creatures?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crawfish in an aquarium   Crawfish in an aquarium Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crawfish in an aquarium
Page 1 of 1