Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

My moms cat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

My moms cat Empty
PostSubject: My moms cat   My moms cat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:01 pm

Crying or Very sad
My mom called me last night and said Smokey is sick. I have been noticing that Smokey is getting skinnier every time I stop in.

My dad took her to the vet, they said it almost 100% looks like lukemia. Her eye lids were shite and her pads on her feet also.

There isn't anything medicine wise that they will do. The vet said IV's- but it wouldn't help with the disease.

How sad--- everyone is upset. I've never had a cat that had anything like this.

Has anyone? Can you tell me what to expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

My moms cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moms cat   My moms cat Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:26 am

I am so sorry to hear this... Poor Smokey. Sad I have not had a kitty with leukemia, so I would not know what to do or expect. Is it certain though that Smokey's got leukemia? Have they done a blood test?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

My moms cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moms cat   My moms cat Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:33 am

Yes, they did a blood test. It's certain. I stopped last night and Smokey looks like she is eating more. It's just sad--- they said all my parents can do is watch to be sure she isn't loosing too much weight and keep her comfortable. She still runs all around and looks ok... just not eating as much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andasay
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-11-07

My moms cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moms cat   My moms cat Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 3:02 pm

That is very sad news. Can the vets not do anything at all? I am sure there must be something they can do to help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

My moms cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moms cat   My moms cat Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:05 pm

If she keeps running around, she must be feeling relatively okay. Did the vet give any timeframe of how long the cat might live?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

My moms cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moms cat   My moms cat Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:36 am

My dad took Smokie-- He never asks the right questions. Crying or Very sad MEN!

So Smokie is eating more and more and not losing as much weight. They said they can give her IV's... but it is really costly. And not sure why they would anyway- IV"s I mean?

The vet said to keep her comfy and if she got worse- to bring her back in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

My moms cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moms cat   My moms cat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:39 am

It is so sad to hear the unfortunate incident. I think most of the pets which we have in our house have less expectancy and it makes us sad everytime each one passes away. I think things happen according to the law of nature and that's how the life works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

My moms cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moms cat   My moms cat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:18 pm

I know it's how life works. I would rather Smokey live to a ripe old age. Not have some disease.

It stinks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HardworkinMom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-12-01

My moms cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moms cat   My moms cat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:33 pm

I do not like cats but that does not mean I do not feel bad for your mom. Why not just put him/her down? At least there will be no more pain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

My moms cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moms cat   My moms cat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:26 pm

That's awful. I'm so sorry. I can't even begin to imagine how hard that must be. I had a puppy once that had a liver shunt, and we had to put her down. I cried the entire day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

My moms cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moms cat   My moms cat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:22 am

They won't put her down yet- because she is ok. She is eating again. It's like the early stages of the disease. Kind of like people- Some make it to remission.

Smokey is acting better- I went down again last night and she was running around. It's good to see her acting better- I know that the first time that my parents think she is in pain- they will do the right thing- They are great people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

My moms cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moms cat   My moms cat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:05 pm

That is a horrendous thing to have to deal with for a cat. It is sad that it can simply be spread and contracted by cats through other cat scratches.

Watching the extremes of sick then better that they go through is so sad. We had Budster (who we recently lost to feline leukemia) on medication and it really helped him for many years and he just recently lost that battle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

My moms cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moms cat   My moms cat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My moms cat
Page 1 of 1