Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Coping When Your Dog Dies

Go down 
+5
bubble
KrisNY
mandiees
Topdog
skatss
9 posters
AuthorMessage
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Coping When Your Dog Dies Empty
PostSubject: Coping When Your Dog Dies   Coping When Your Dog Dies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 1:09 pm

My dad had a dog named Hector for a very long time. When my dad became an adult he moved away because of his job but every weekend he came home to visit his family and Hector.

One day my grandfather called my dad and told him that Hector was sick and crawled under the bed and refused to come out. My dad went back to his father's house and saw Hector under the bed. He called out to the dog and Hector crawled into my father's arms and died there. He was waiting to see my dad before he died,

My dad was so unhappy that he never allowed my sister and I to have any pets. He just didn't want to go through that pain again. That is how my father coped with the death of his pet. It was too painful for him.
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Coping When Your Dog Dies   Coping When Your Dog Dies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:04 pm

skatss,

We actually did have a pet die a couple of years ago. It has been a hard long trip to recover from his loss. Our other dogs had some emotional trama from it, as well as the both of us. Our little guy was old, and we realize now that he probably outlived his life. About the last 6 months of his life he isolated himself from the rest of the dogs and just kind of slept a lot. We had to finally have him put down, it was a tramtic situation for us. But there is a life cycle we all go through and death of love ones is part of that.

We have our other babies, and since that time we actually have brought another baby in to fill up that gap. Funny thing is, we now see behaviors of our lost love in our new baby.

It is sad that your father restricted your being able to have the joy of a pet. I know also that the death of a pet is so tramtic that some people just can't put themselves through it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Coping When Your Dog Dies   Coping When Your Dog Dies Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:54 pm

My parents were the same way with us - they had a dog when they were first together, which ended up getting out and never coming back:( They were pretty distraught by this and as a child we could never get a pet either, because they did not want us to feel that kind of pain.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Coping When Your Dog Dies   Coping When Your Dog Dies Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:53 am

I'm sorry- that is really sad.
Our dog Eliza died less than a year ago- It was awful. We still have not gotten another dog. Our other dog Carmie- misses her just as much and would love a playmate.. I guess the way we are coping- is to not get another dog too.
It's sad when pets pass away- they are part of the family too!
Back to top Go down
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Coping When Your Dog Dies   Coping When Your Dog Dies Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:09 am

I was so upset when our little dog Chica died. She was very old and was very ill. Even though we knew she wouldnt last much longer, it was still very upsetting when she did die.
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Coping When Your Dog Dies   Coping When Your Dog Dies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:04 am

I think that is one of the hardest things when a pet die. Most people do not look at it that way, but I do. Pets are part of my family.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Coping When Your Dog Dies   Coping When Your Dog Dies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:27 pm

A good friend of mine has recently lost her dog, she cried all day. She is still coping, trying to heal... I sent her the Rainbow Bridge poem, and she said it was very helpful. Losing a four-legged family member is very hard.
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Coping When Your Dog Dies   Coping When Your Dog Dies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:42 pm

I know it is a very sad affair for the family when you loose a pet. My brother lost his pet last month. His family still is under that shock, they all miss it and feel that their dog will pounce back any moment.
Back to top Go down
lizd
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Coping When Your Dog Dies   Coping When Your Dog Dies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:22 pm

We have lost many pets. I really don't know what is worse, when they pass away all of a sudden, or when they are old, sick and not really themselves anymore and then pass away after suffering. I'm sorry for your loss, and I can truly empathize with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coping When Your Dog Dies   Coping When Your Dog Dies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coping When Your Dog Dies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: Pets :: 4 Legged Pets-
Jump to: