Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Vet visit for my cat yesterday

Go down 
+3
manojjonam10
LissyS
lilymom24
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lilymom24
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Vet visit for my cat yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Vet visit for my cat yesterday   Vet visit for my cat yesterday Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:05 pm

I took Charlie in to the vet yesterday because he had been acting like he did not feel well. He had just been moving really slow and it looked like he was limping. I felt his legs and hips and did not feel that anything was out of place or felt any swollen spots. When the vet checked him, she thought she felt a cyst on his chest. It turned out to be an abscess so they, lanced it, drained it, and gave him a shot of antibiotics. Also gave us antibiotics to give here at home. He is feeling better this morning but is giving me the cold shoulder. He hated the ride to the vets office, hated the office and all that happened there, hated the ride home, and hates to take his meds. I am just glad he's getting better.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Vet visit for my cat yesterday   Vet visit for my cat yesterday Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:02 am

I'm glad to hear that he is doing better, and I'm sure he'll get over the stress of the trip soon, too. Most cats hate vet visits, and we can't explain to them that it is done to help them. They just have to trust us... which they eventually do...
Back to top Go down
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Vet visit for my cat yesterday   Vet visit for my cat yesterday Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:07 am

Most of the pets don't like to take medicines except a few. If they don't like the smell or the taste it is going to be a hard time to have the medicine.
Back to top Go down
hoygirl
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Vet visit for my cat yesterday   Vet visit for my cat yesterday Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:03 am

Awwww poor kitty got mad huh? I don`t know much about cats. i`m glad he is doing better. Maybe after a few days he won`t ignore you anymore.
Back to top Go down
Ricardo
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Vet visit for my cat yesterday   Vet visit for my cat yesterday Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:59 am

In my experience with taking cats to the vet, they don't stay distant very long.

I'm glad to hear Charlie received good care and that he has a good home.
Back to top Go down
DianaR
I am a
I am a
DianaR

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Vet visit for my cat yesterday   Vet visit for my cat yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:02 am

Cats are so interesting.

I can't remember ever hearing of a dog holding a grudge over a vet visit, or any other unpleasant event, but cats will give the cold shoulder in a heartbeat.

Has this happened before?

If so, how long did it take for him to get over it, last time?
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Vet visit for my cat yesterday   Vet visit for my cat yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:50 am

Been there! Cats are like that. My cats love to ride in the car but hate the vets.

I'm so glad Charlie is feeling better- and will be better once he finishes up the meds. He will come back around soon. Wait until he needs a scratch behind the ears-- he will come around.
Back to top Go down
lilymom24
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Vet visit for my cat yesterday   Vet visit for my cat yesterday Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:09 am

Thanks for all the responses and well wishes. He's completely healed now Smile

Diana, I don't remember how long it took him before but this time, it took him a few days because he wanted to be alone until he was feeling much better. So, he would hide somewhere where he thought I could not find him. Now that he's back to his normal self, he cries at me every time he comes in the house as he expects that I will carry him upstairs to his food dish....bad habit I started Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vet visit for my cat yesterday   Vet visit for my cat yesterday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vet visit for my cat yesterday
Page 1 of 1