Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Goldfish gets uncomfortable.

Go down 
+2
SpoiledAngel_
sanju123
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Goldfish gets uncomfortable. Empty
PostSubject: Goldfish gets uncomfortable.   Goldfish gets uncomfortable. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 8:16 pm

Is it true that goldfish gets uncomfortable when a natural calamity is approaching some place. A goldfish starts moving around in its bowl in a queer manner. Should this be taken as a warning -Is it a fact or just a myth?
Back to top Go down
SpoiledAngel_
I am a
I am a
SpoiledAngel_

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Goldfish gets uncomfortable.   Goldfish gets uncomfortable. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 9:46 pm

I know that they are sensitive to vibrations and things of that nature which maybe that plays a part in it. Maybe there are vibrations that are not detectable by us but can be felt by some fish. Who knows.

I have not heard anything about this though, so I can't say for sure one way or the other if it is true.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Goldfish gets uncomfortable.   Goldfish gets uncomfortable. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 3:43 pm

I can't say for sure if it's true of not, but I think there's at least some truth to it.
Back to top Go down
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Goldfish gets uncomfortable.   Goldfish gets uncomfortable. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:45 am

Most of the fishes have those capability to detect natural calamity. As far as I know they would sense the earthquake before it happens by feeling the vibration in the seismic surface. However I am not sure whether fishes which are raised in water tanks can have that ability.
Back to top Go down
senecaz
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Goldfish gets uncomfortable.   Goldfish gets uncomfortable. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 8:54 pm

i think its just a myth, I've been taking care of goldfish for years and years, they never acted weird in any way when something bad on the weather will be coming up. One thing i know is they act weird when i'm near them, wanting to get fed.
Back to top Go down
mscott
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Goldfish gets uncomfortable.   Goldfish gets uncomfortable. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:25 pm

I am not sure how a fish in a tank that is regulated in warmth and such can tell when something is coming. Perhaps in the natural environment with temperature and air pressure changes they can sense it but in a house in a tank I am not sure how they would know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goldfish gets uncomfortable.   Goldfish gets uncomfortable. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goldfish gets uncomfortable.
Page 1 of 1