Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Buying Puppies

Go down 
+3
manojjonam10
skatss
bubble
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Buying Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Buying Puppies   Buying Puppies Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:48 pm

I was really annoyed at my sister for buying herself a puppy, rather than going off to the animal shelters and taking one home from there. I would never entertain the idea of buying a pup when there are so many homeless animals, including young dogs, that need loving, caring homes.
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Buying Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Puppies   Buying Puppies Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:23 pm

Adopting a pet or buying a pet is an individual choice. Some people would rather buy a pet thinking that it's better. But at least your sister is an animal lover so don't be too harsh on her. It's her choice.
Back to top Go down
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Buying Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Puppies   Buying Puppies Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:36 am

Yes, there are many pets which are homeless. Adopting a pet is however depends on personal choice. I would never buy a pet and instead get it from animal shelter.
Back to top Go down
hoygirl
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Buying Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Puppies   Buying Puppies Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:42 pm

I got my shepherd when he was 6 weeks old at the SPCA. I did buy a Yorkie once from a breeder. I think its better to go to shelters too but if you want a specific type of dog you may not find it at a shelter. Like a yorkie. They would go fast.
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Buying Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Puppies   Buying Puppies Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:00 am

We bought our dog when she was a puppy. Actually my boys paid for her with their money. Then we bread her and sold her pups. It is an individual choice.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Buying Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Puppies   Buying Puppies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:10 am

Is he a purebred puppy? What breed?

I like certain cat breeds and, theoretically, would love to have them, but in reality I don't think I could go and buy a purebred kitten when there are so many wonderful pets at shelters who need a home.
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Buying Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Puppies   Buying Puppies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:37 am

Don't forget that those puppies also need a new family! I can understand however why you would prefer getting an animal from the shelter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Buying Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Puppies   Buying Puppies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buying Puppies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: Pets :: 4 Legged Pets-
Jump to: