Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Pets an car traveling

Go down 
+4
Vlada
antkmom
jimmys devoted
Brandbla8
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Pets an car traveling Empty
PostSubject: Pets an car traveling   Pets an car traveling Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 9:25 pm

How do you take your pets on car travels with you? Do you find that most animals get car sick? My animals seem to want to hide under the seats. I guess they are telling me that I can not drive. lol
Back to top Go down
jimmys devoted
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: our all did fine   Pets an car traveling Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 5:20 pm

non of ours are car sick. they get cramped and tired but they dont throw up.
Fatboy loves Car rides.
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Pets an car traveling   Pets an car traveling Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:48 pm

My dog gest car sick if we go on a long ride, so there is no way I could take her on a long trip.

I do have a friend who moved from California to Vermont and he had his family of 4 and their 3 dogs with them. He said that the dogs layed in the back of the van and had no problems at all. I was so surprised!
Back to top Go down
Vlada
I am a
I am a
Vlada

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Pets an car traveling   Pets an car traveling Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:08 am

Brandbla8 wrote:
How do you take your pets on car travels with you? Do you find that most animals get car sick? My animals seem to want to hide under the seats. I guess they are telling me that I can not drive. lol
My cat Jozefina do not like to travel nor by car nor by anything else. She likes to spend the time on my computer. I have tried several times to take her for a walk but she organised great scandals and I have terminated her travels.
Back to top Go down
Ricardo
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Pets an car traveling   Pets an car traveling Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:38 am

None of the cats we've ever had have enjoyed their car rides.

Now when we take the ones that we currently have, we put them in their travelling bags, with a towel on the bottom for their comfort. They tend to become very vocal in the car.
Back to top Go down
hoygirl
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Pets an car traveling   Pets an car traveling Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:26 pm

I used to take my shepherd on car rides just around town. But one day he jumped out the window and broke his leg really bad. He needed surgery that cost $1700. If I take him now for his shots he shakes and moans the whole way and tries to get in my lap. No more car rides for him.
Back to top Go down
andasay
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Pets an car traveling   Pets an car traveling Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:23 am

What you need to do is take your pet out in the car on a regular basis to get him/her used to the feeling of traveling by car. Make regular stops and get your pet out of the car for a little walk around.

It does work. My dog was the same when she was younger, but now, with lots of practise she can travel quite a way without being sick.
Back to top Go down
Orrymain
I am a
I am a
Orrymain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Pets an car traveling   Pets an car traveling Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:29 pm

Traveling wise, I've never taken my dogs, except for one short 90 minute trek to the bay area. On a whim, decided to take my beagle. She did just fine.

In the past, I've had dogs who just love going for rides. I'd take them to fast food places or short errands when I could keep them with me (do not believe in leaving dogs unattended in cars). I first beagle adored sticking her head out the window; she'd beg for rides,. My shepherd collie loved them too. My last several dogs, though, aren't interested. Go figure!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pets an car traveling   Pets an car traveling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pets an car traveling
Page 1 of 1