Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Giving up a mean dog

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hoygirl
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Giving up a mean dog Empty
PostSubject: Giving up a mean dog   Giving up a mean dog Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:40 pm

When I was 18 I adopted a shepherd puppy. She was so cute and she was free too. Well as she grew she got really mean. She even snapped and growled at me. I had to give her away to a friend of my dads. She ended up being a guard dog at his contruction business. He told me she was the best guard dog he ever had. I was glad because i really hated to give her up. I missed her for a long time. She was the first dog that I had that was just mine not the whole familys dog.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Giving up a mean dog   Giving up a mean dog Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:30 pm

This is sad that you had to give her up, but at least she'd found a good home. Was she neutered? I have heard that sometimes neutering a female dog helps to better their temperament.
Back to top Go down
hoygirl
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Giving up a mean dog   Giving up a mean dog Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 2:28 pm

No she wasn`t neutered. I saw a man giving away puppies at a grocery store. They were so cute and my dad said I could have one. She was okay most of the time but she could get really mean too. Once she had me sitting on the kitchen counter while she ate out of the garbage can. Everytime I tried to get down she would growl and snap at me, so I just sat there until she was done lol.
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Giving up a mean dog   Giving up a mean dog Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:48 am

It is good that you were able to find someone to take her, rather than having to have her put down. It sounds like she ended up in the right place as a guard dog.
Back to top Go down
hoygirl
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Giving up a mean dog   Giving up a mean dog Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:49 pm

She did have her good side too. I bought her a rubber carrot toy but she wouldn`t play with it. So I out it in her mouth and squeezed it to show her the sqeak sound. Ever since that she would walk around with that carrot in her mouth jut squeezing it lol.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Giving up a mean dog   Giving up a mean dog Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:19 pm

Cute.. the carrot toy. Some dogs are just this way. It's unfortunate.

My parents had to give away one of my dogs growing up too- I loved little Lucky. He was a beagle mix. The neighbor kids were such jerks-- they would come over and pester him when he was outside. They would throw things at him. My parents tied him up upside when we left. We lived in the country- Well 1 day Lucky had enough and nipped one of them. I say tough for them. My parents gave him to a farmer- and told me he ran away!

I was so sad! They just told me truth about 2 years ago-- I'm 36!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giving up a mean dog   Giving up a mean dog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Giving up a mean dog
Page 1 of 1