Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Pet Blessing?

Go down 
+4
DianaR
sanju123
LissyS
Florentin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Florentin
I am a
I am a
Florentin

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Pet Blessing? Empty
PostSubject: Pet Blessing?   Pet Blessing? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:59 am

I have seen more than one church sign that advertised "Pet Blessing This Sunday"

Have you seen those?

Have you ever taken your pet to such an event?

Do you really believe this could make a difference in your pet?

I was curious to see if there are any forum members that took their pet to an event like this.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Pet Blessing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Blessing?   Pet Blessing? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:02 am

I have not seen it... While I do believe that animals have their own, unspoiled, connection with God, I would not go so far as to take them to church. First off, they don't like traveling, and secondly, I can always pray for them at home.
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Pet Blessing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Blessing?   Pet Blessing? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:47 pm

Pet blessings are getting more common these days, majority of pet owners feel that their pets are a blessing to them so they think that they need to take their pets for blessings.
Back to top Go down
DianaR
I am a
I am a
DianaR

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Pet Blessing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Blessing?   Pet Blessing? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 1:24 pm

I have seen these signs and feel it's rather presumptuous of humans to have pets blessed. Animals might have their own ideas about their deity!
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Pet Blessing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Blessing?   Pet Blessing? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:49 am

Pet blessing... that is the first time I have ever heard of that. Here in Thailand people bless their new car or bike at the local temple so I guess a pet should be no problem as well.
Back to top Go down
alcher_27
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Pet Blessing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Blessing?   Pet Blessing? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 3:55 am

Pet blessing is done on special occasions, and many pet owners attend the events with their pets.
It's not been done in my locality, though, but I have watched them on tv. Before the priest blessed a pet, he asked for its name. Once the priest approached a little girl, cradling her duck, and asked her for its name, and before she could answer, the duck cried out loud "Quack! Quack!". ("You're a quack minister"! -- interpretation mine.)
Back to top Go down
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Pet Blessing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Blessing?   Pet Blessing? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:03 am

I have heard of pet blessing occasions. They are very famous in central Europe especially countries around Italy. It is like a normal blessing event though.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Pet Blessing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Blessing?   Pet Blessing? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 4:11 pm

I've heard of it but I've never been. I always feel like I'm being judged in churches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pet Blessing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Blessing?   Pet Blessing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pet Blessing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: Pets :: 4 Legged Pets-
Jump to: