Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Florentin
I am a
I am a
Florentin

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other! Empty
PostSubject: Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other!   Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 11:18 am

The first time we bought fish, it was a nightmare!!!
About a year ago. We are fine now.

Anyways, the lady at the store showed us which fish to put together. Basically, some Mollies and some fancy Guppies, and a couple of Platies.

Within two days, half of the fish were dead. I mean, killed!
The mollies just killed half of them, and the platies also attacked the guppies.

Needless to say, we changed our store for buying fish and supplies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
datadee
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other!   Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:57 pm

Good for you! Its important to find a store that knows what its selling! I hate to lose a fish and I sure wouldn't want to lose one or more because that people that sold them to me didn't know anything about them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other!   Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:44 am

If that happened to me, I do believe I would go back and very nicely but insistently request my money back. Some of those fish aren't that cheap. I really feel for your kids. That would have been hard on them. They get attached rather quickly. I hope you have had better success with your new store. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other!   Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:45 pm

What a way to teach kids about life and death - I remember as a kid gettting my learning experience that way - it is hard ..

Good thing you changed stores, sometimes the toxicity of the water change can cause some problems.

We have KOI fish here and they are quite expensive - we use to buy them from a pet strore ( big chain)
and they never lived more than a couple of weeks or so.

We got smart and started buying them from a vendor that only deals in KOI - I am happy to say they are alive and doing fine years later.

In fact a couple of them will come up to the side of the pond to have the tops of their heads scratched - we have to be careful though - we don't want them doing that too much there are cats in the hood here, among other desert creatures like egrets (there is a lake on the other side of the mountain we live by)...

Good luck with your fishies - hope your children enjoy them !! alien

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.toxicwars.com
Florentin
I am a
I am a
Florentin

PostSubject: Re: Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other!   Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 2:24 am

nice replies everyone. thanks

yes, it was quite hard for the kids to see the fish die one by one.
no, the water was not a problem. how do I know? well, there were pieces of fish leftovers floating at the top... No

boy, am I glad this episode is over.

we now have six fish that have lived in the tank for over a year.
cute ones too Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DianaR
I am a
I am a
DianaR

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other!   Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 12:48 pm

A friend of mine almost bought non-community fish to add to a populated tank. The salesperson at the pet store had no clue and, If I hadn't met my friend at the store, she would have purchased a Convict for her community tank!

I wish pet store sales staff could always be trusted to know their animals. It pays to do a little research before shopping!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildwoman
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other!   Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:52 pm

I have come across some clueless,rude people working for some pet stores. It is more than just a job in my opinion,someone that has a passion for animals I think is the best kind of pet store worker. I mean I don't expect the to be geniuses about pets and such but at least have someone working in there that cares a little.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Florentin
I am a
I am a
Florentin

PostSubject: Re: Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other!   Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:07 am

I think the main problem with these pet store workers is SALARY.
You cannot expect to find knowledgeable individuals when you pay them just a little above minimum age.

The girl could have been a high school kid, doing her homework in between customers...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other!   Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 4:26 am

It is really impossible to figure out which fish eats which. I had a shark kind of fish which almost ate whatever type of fish I kept. Now the shark kind is living alone in a small aquarium.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other!   Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:48 pm

It's amazing to me how little some pet store workers actually know about fish. At least know who eats who!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HardworkinMom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other!   Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:41 pm

Though it is true that the store clerk should have known better...let us give her/him a break... the store OWNER should have oriented that sales clerk. His being remiss in that cost him a customer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other!   Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pet Store Worker Had Not Clue And Our Fish Killed Each Other!
Page 1 of 1