Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Do you sell crafts?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dreamr802
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Do you sell crafts? Empty
PostSubject: Do you sell crafts?   Do you sell crafts? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:20 pm

I saw a previous post about crafts...I crochet a lot and I do use good yarn...what do you think would be a good way to figure out how much to sell your products...I don't think I could do it by hour only because then that would be super expensive...should I do 3x the materials? Or what do you suggest?
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Do you sell crafts?   Do you sell crafts? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:46 pm

I'd say at least 3x what you had spent on materials. Where do you plan to sell your items? I've been looking for a way to do it, but I can't find anything. Ebay doesn't work for me.
Back to top Go down
giay
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Do you sell crafts?   Do you sell crafts? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:08 am

The costing is usually 3x of material cost; 1/3 goes to materials, 1/3 for labor, 1/3 is profit. That's how I do it.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Do you sell crafts?   Do you sell crafts? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 12:32 pm

I have sold some crocheted items to friends and relatives, I didn't mark the price up too much, just made sure I had returned the cost of materials and got some money for my work as well. If I did it for part-time income though, I'd do 3x materials cost, too.
Back to top Go down
jimmys devoted
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: I do   Do you sell crafts? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:26 pm

My forte is mostly selling instruction books, But I do sell the prototypes to those individuals who really want them. my website is www.lulu.com/sewz-it. when I do sell the things I make I charge what the materials cost plus a little bit for me.
julie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you sell crafts?   Do you sell crafts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you sell crafts?
Page 1 of 1