Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

A New President Elect

Go down 
+7
Froix
Orrymain
andasay
Simplyme
LissyS
dreamr802
Brandbla8
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

A New President Elect Empty
PostSubject: A New President Elect   A New President Elect Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:55 am

We all woke up this morning to a brand new President Elect Obama. I stayed up as long as I could last night to watch after I voted yesterday morning. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
dreamr802
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: A New President Elect   A New President Elect Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:21 pm

I'm not too fond of Obama. My family and boyfriend and his family are all upset...but what can you do at this point...I just hope that he does do some good and not bad.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: A New President Elect   A New President Elect Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:49 pm

We are also upset and apprehensive. Our expectations are that he will overtax hard working people like us. I don't like his Muslim background and connections, either.
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: A New President Elect   A New President Elect Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:55 pm

I was personally happy with the way that the election went I think it is about time they bypassed experience for a slightly newer perspective. I am not with him on all of his views but overall I think he was the only one this year that really gave a darn about the average American and wasn't gung-ho to add more taxes to those that work the hardest. We prefer to not let his religious background or affiliations influence us as so many Americans share the same beliefs yet their morals and views vary greatly from one to the other. I will say that I hope he does a lot of what he says he will and that he takes this opportunity as a chance to prove to America that they made the right decision.
Back to top Go down
andasay
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: A New President Elect   A New President Elect Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:46 am

Americans are putting an awful lot of hope onto this mans shoulders, I just hope he does the right things to help people right now.
Back to top Go down
Orrymain
I am a
I am a
Orrymain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: A New President Elect   A New President Elect Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 6:19 am

I wasn't fond of either candidate; it was like choosing the better of two evils. I can only hope we move forward in a positive manner.
Back to top Go down
Froix
I am a
I am a
Froix

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: A New President Elect   A New President Elect Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:34 pm

If he doesn't do anything bad he already beats the last one on the seat. I'm not happy with the results but I ain't crying either and that's 'cause I'm way out here on the other side of the rock. haha
Back to top Go down
hoygirl
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: A New President Elect   A New President Elect Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 3:17 pm

I voted for Obama because I like what he says he wants to do. Now my brother isn`t speaking to me. Oh well. I don`t look at color like my brother I look at the man himself.
Back to top Go down
lilymom24
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: A New President Elect   A New President Elect Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:40 pm

I did not vote for Obama but I'm willing to give him a chance. I hope he does well and if he does, he may have my vote in 2012. I really do not want to start out his presidency being pessimistic.
Back to top Go down
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: A New President Elect   A New President Elect Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 10:13 pm

Does anybody know if he owns any pets? I know he has two beautiful daughters, but does the man have any pets? I know it has no bearing on his ability to run a nation and possibly the world, I was just wondering.
Back to top Go down
lilymom24
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: A New President Elect   A New President Elect Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:29 am

I don't think they have any pets but Obama did say that they would be getting a puppy for the girls. One of his daughters is allergic so they have to be particular with what breed they get.
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: A New President Elect   A New President Elect Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:47 am

It really was not a surprise to me that he won. It was not who I wanted, but he is our next president and we will get to see what he can do. You never know he maybe one of the better ones we have had lately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New President Elect   A New President Elect Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New President Elect
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: General Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: