Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

How many pets is your limit?

Go down 
+10
antkmom
Mei
bubble
LissyS
Orrymain
wildwoman
Brandbla8
dreamr802
Froix
RustyK
14 posters
AuthorMessage
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

How many pets is your limit? Empty
PostSubject: How many pets is your limit?   How many pets is your limit? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:30 pm

So what is the pet number limit in your household? Do you have it? We went from 1 to 3. Smile Three is what I can give the best care to, so even though I would want to adopt every stray, it is not a smart thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Froix
I am a
I am a
Froix

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: How many pets is your limit?   How many pets is your limit? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 9:28 am

Now that I think about it, we never had more than one for each meaning just one dog and/or one cat always. We've had a dog that had pups then but those are always given away as soon as so I guess we've always been limited to one each.
Back to top Go down
dreamr802
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: How many pets is your limit?   How many pets is your limit? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:51 am

Seriously I could probably handle max 2 dogs...but I do want a ton of fish in a big fish tank...but for animals that run around and whatnot, no more than 2 dogs and they would have to be the smaller breeds as well.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: How many pets is your limit?   How many pets is your limit? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 11:37 pm

It sounds like 2-3 is the reasonable amount to handle for most people. I know a girl who has 8 cats, she'd rescued them all from the streets, and she does a great job taking care of them and keeping the house clean. She is an exception though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: How many pets is your limit?   How many pets is your limit? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 8:47 am

I have 3 cats and one dog. That is my limit. Husband says no more. Now my aunt has 8 dogs. Two of them are small indoor dogs and the rest are hunting dogs.
Back to top Go down
wildwoman
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: How many pets is your limit?   How many pets is your limit? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 7:30 pm

Well when my husband and I first met we said 2. One dog,one cat,but that changed. If I had the room I would have many more animals. I just love them so much. I seen a kitty the other day in the pet shop I wanted really bad,but I don't want t over crowd any of my animals.
Back to top Go down
Orrymain
I am a
I am a
Orrymain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: How many pets is your limit?   How many pets is your limit? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:26 pm

Four, because that's all we're allowed to have. I have two right now, have had three in the past. Would happily go to four if a couple more babies adopted me :}
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: How many pets is your limit?   How many pets is your limit? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 1:08 am

The limit is three in our house, at the moment. I don't think getting more pets would be reasonable, but then you never know when another sad little face shows up and you just can't refuse it. Smile
Back to top Go down
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: How many pets is your limit?   How many pets is your limit? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:12 am

The most we ever had at one point was six dogs, five of which were new born pups. We did plan to keep two of the male pups but found we could not give enough attention to all three. We rehomed the pups and we still have mom and now a cat.
Back to top Go down
Mei
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: How many pets is your limit?   How many pets is your limit? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:19 pm

before, we do not have pet limit. we used to have eleven dogs but then it is really hard to handle and take good care of them. so we tried to limit it. we only have five dogs now.
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: How many pets is your limit?   How many pets is your limit? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:20 pm

I always thought that one would be enough. They aren't cheap to care for, that is for sure.
We now actually have 2 because my daughter bought herself a guinea pig and we have our dog. That is enough.
Back to top Go down
Vlada
I am a
I am a
Vlada

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: How many pets is your limit?   How many pets is your limit? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:52 am

RustyK wrote:
So what is the pet number limit in your household? Do you have it? We went from 1 to 3. Smile Three is what I can give the best care to, so even though I would want to adopt every stray, it is not a smart thing to do.
I adore cats but nevertheless I am sure that there must be the limit of the number of the beloved animals. I prefer to have one cat.
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: How many pets is your limit?   How many pets is your limit? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:55 pm

I think many times this can be an individual thing. I have four right now and that is plenty for me. I know of people who have a lot more so I guess it is all up to the individual.
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: How many pets is your limit?   How many pets is your limit? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 8:01 pm

For our family we can take care of and accommodate two pets at our place. Otherwise we feel like having more and more but we feel that we will not be able to do justice to the poor souls.
Back to top Go down
Dee
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: How many pets is your limit?   How many pets is your limit? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:27 am

I'm not a great pet person and we only have 2 guineas, I think any more then the care would suffer so the 2 guineas is enough for us. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many pets is your limit?   How many pets is your limit? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many pets is your limit?
Page 1 of 1