Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Training your dog

Go down 
+3
giay
RustyK
dreamr802
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dreamr802
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Training your dog Empty
PostSubject: Training your dog   Training your dog Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:48 pm

We were able to train my dog to tell us when she wants to go out. We actually hang a bell off of the door knob to make it her height (she's a miniature schnauzer). And now she rings the bell whenever she needs to go out. We got her to do it because everytime we took her out as a puppy we make her ring the bell and then we would take her out. It works great. Now she just needs to learn to ring it louder if we aren't in the family room...but now she's getting the hang of it :-)
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Training your dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training your dog   Training your dog Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:04 pm

This is so cute! Now, is your doggie completely honest about using this bell? Does she ring it only when she needs to go outside or when she wants to as well? Wink
Back to top Go down
giay
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Training your dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training your dog   Training your dog Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 6:40 am

We trained our dog through the use of newspaper. Initially we laid out newspaper all over his area. So he does his thing on the newspaper. Later, we slowly removed the newspaper until he was left with 1 piece only. That's it whenever, he needs to pee or poo inside he just look for the newspaper. This is other than the regular outside walk where he can do his business in areas allowed.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Training your dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training your dog   Training your dog Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 11:06 pm

Good idea about the newspaper. It might take a puppy some time to learn that he can only go outside, but while he's learning, it is certainly helpful to restrict "accidents" to a small area covered with newspaper.
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Training your dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training your dog   Training your dog Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:21 am

We tried to train my dog to do just that, but it never seemed to catch on with him. Now he is an outside dog.
Back to top Go down
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Training your dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training your dog   Training your dog Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:25 am

That is such a great idea. I think you can train dogs easily when they are very young. I have a friend whose dog brings him his shoes when he wants to go out.
Back to top Go down
elvenrunelord
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Training your dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training your dog   Training your dog Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:57 pm

Dogs are pretty easy to train for simple things like that. Just keep at it and you will have your dog trained in no time at all.
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Training your dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training your dog   Training your dog Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:34 am

I dont have the time to train our dogs myself but I have taken them to a great dog training school near our house and it really paid off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training your dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training your dog   Training your dog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training your dog
Page 1 of 1