Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Giving kittens baths

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Giving kittens baths Empty
PostSubject: Giving kittens baths   Giving kittens baths Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:37 am

My kittens are always getting into something. We are painting my daughters room and we kept them out. Well the door was opened and Fattycat made a run for it... He ran right past me and jumped all 4's on the wall. His feet were covered in paint!
Midnight decided it was ok to roll around on the plastic on the floor- there were some wet drips still - so Midnight who is all black- is now black with tan paint!
They both got baths! Hated it too...

How often do you give your cats baths?
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Giving kittens baths   Giving kittens baths Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 1:16 pm

Poor cats. One of my cats got in some oil outside when my husband was changing the oil in his car and it took 2 baths to get all that out. I only give them baths when they have gotten into something nasty or smell. Maybe once a month or so. I just started doing that as I was misinformed that I should not give them baths until recently.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Giving kittens baths   Giving kittens baths Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:08 pm

Not very often, only when they get into something, like your kitties did. Very Happy My cats are good at keeping themselves clean, most of the time, but there have been some occasions. I also once gave a bath to a stray kitten who was dirty and had fleas, I used a special anti-flea cat shampoo.
Back to top Go down
WaffleStomp
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Giving kittens baths   Giving kittens baths Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 1:06 am

RustyK wrote:
Not very often, only when they get into something, like your kitties did. Very Happy My cats are good at keeping themselves clean, most of the time, but there have been some occasions. I also once gave a bath to a stray kitten who was dirty and had fleas, I used a special anti-flea cat shampoo.

I drop all of my pets of at PETCO each month for a premium wash, the nail cutting , the under carriage wash Very Happy and then I pick them up later, and its done.

I remember one time a few years ago I used to have an old swing set with one of those clubhouses and it was filled with dust, and we just washed the dog in the bathtub, and she ran outside and walked right into the dust, the poor dog was covered in gray, so I did it the old fashioned way and tied her to a tree and blasted her with the hose... And that's when I started taking them to PETCO Smile
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Giving kittens baths   Giving kittens baths Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:57 pm

How do they take those PETCO trips WaffleStomp? Do your pets like to be taken there for baths and grooming? Were they afraid at first?

I think dogs are easier to do this with, but cats would have too much stress.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giving kittens baths   Giving kittens baths Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Giving kittens baths
Page 1 of 1