Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Overly eager entering the house

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Orrymain
I am a
I am a
Orrymain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Overly eager entering the house Empty
PostSubject: Overly eager entering the house   Overly eager entering the house Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:47 pm

I'm thinking I'd like to calm my girls down when they first come in the house. They get so excited. Sometimes, I get them to sit down first, and that slows them up a little, but when they first come in, the tails are wagging and banging against everything. Now, I love happy greetings. It's just the other day, the valance fell down. Yep, the big, heavy valance that is above the blinds at the patio door where the dogs come in. I'm just thinking those tails are lethal! lol Anyone have any suggestions on how to 'calm' down in that first 15 second dash inside the house?
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Overly eager entering the house   Overly eager entering the house Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:35 am

Do you greet them at the door? Maybe stepping outside with them for a minute will calm them enough so that they are not so excited when they first come in.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Overly eager entering the house   Overly eager entering the house Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:42 pm

You mean when they come in from the backyard? Do they spend a lot of time in the backyard and then come inside? They are probably still wound up from their outdoor activities plus happy to see you. Smile I see how that can lead to disasterous results. Smile Perhaps stepping outside and giving them some attention before they come in might help?
Back to top Go down
Orrymain
I am a
I am a
Orrymain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Overly eager entering the house   Overly eager entering the house Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:34 pm

I do talk to them first. Sometimes I'll have them 'sit' first to try and calm them down. They have a doghouse right there and sometimes I'll make them go in there. They do it eagerly. They listen well. They'll sit and wait for that 'okay'. It's just once they get it -- zooooom!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overly eager entering the house   Overly eager entering the house Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overly eager entering the house
Page 1 of 1