Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Scared of traveling

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Scared of traveling Empty
PostSubject: Scared of traveling   Scared of traveling Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:42 pm

One of my cats is scared of traveling, even if it's just a short trip. He hates the cat carrier and cries in there. I think it reminds him of going to the vet, too, which is not his favorite experience. The good thing though is that he trusts me enough and despite his fear still allows me to put him in the carrier when I need to.

Does anyone have pets who are like that?
Back to top Go down
shinningstar
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Scared of traveling   Scared of traveling Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:43 am

My cat is opposite. She likes to travel. That's why she's with me wherever I go. She also loves outdoor activities camping. I think it's a good idea to train your cat and try to bring him wherever you go. He might be used to it.
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Scared of traveling   Scared of traveling Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:05 pm

All of my cats and one point were or are strays however I just had to take one to the vet that was attacked by a dog and the sweet thing sat on my lap the whole way there and home. However, my other cats would rip me a new one if I tried to put them in a carrier. I have found throwing a towel or small blanket over them so they can not see and putting them in head first does seem to make it easier. But boy do they cry... Poor babies just are not sure what is going on when it is travel time.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Scared of traveling   Scared of traveling Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:29 pm

Yes, I feel so bad when I have to stuff either one of them in a carrier, I know how stresstul it is even to the ones who do not cry as much. Thankfully, I do not have to do it often.
Back to top Go down
Mei
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Scared of traveling   Scared of traveling Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:05 am

i think it really depends on the cat or pet. some love to travel and some don't. my pets love to go on a trip and it is really fun. maybe your cat is not just that comfortable and used to traveling. you can help your cat by letting it travel even if he/she doesn't like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scared of traveling   Scared of traveling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scared of traveling
Page 1 of 1