Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Pet food recall

Go down 
+2
RustyK
KrisNY
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Pet food recall Empty
PostSubject: Pet food recall   Pet food recall Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:32 pm

I just read quick that there is another recall on some pet food. Anyone see any more about this?
I'm wondering what brand?

I hate to give my cats food anymore- You just never know what is safe. Last time we had the soft cat food that was recalled.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Pet food recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet food recall   Pet food recall Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 7:11 pm

I have not heard about the newest recall... I don't think it is IAMS, which is what I use - we just went to the store and got some, it was available as usual. No warnings posted, either.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Pet food recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet food recall   Pet food recall Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 9:31 am

When I went and got cat food yesterday I didn't see any signs either- So that makes me wonder what kind of food it was that was recalled. I should have read the article better.
Back to top Go down
DianaR
I am a
I am a
DianaR

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Pet food recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet food recall   Pet food recall Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:24 am

I hadn't heard about a new pet food recall. Is this food that originated in China, again?
Back to top Go down
Orrymain
I am a
I am a
Orrymain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Pet food recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet food recall   Pet food recall Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 5:51 am

I haven't heard about any pet food recalls lately. Normally, it's all over the news. Could you have misunderstood?
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Pet food recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet food recall   Pet food recall Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:12 pm

For Immediate Release
Mars Petcare US Announces Nationwide Voluntary Recall
Franklin, Tennessee (September 12, 2008)—Today, Mars Petcare US announced a voluntary recall of products manufactured at its Everson, Pennsylvania facility. The pet food is being voluntarily recalled because of potential contamination with Salmonella serotype Schwarzengrund. This voluntary recall only affects the United States.

Salmonella can cause serious infections in dogs and cats, and, if there is cross contamination caused by handling of the pet food, in people as well, especially children, the aged, and people with compromised immune systems. Healthy people potentially infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever. On rare occasions, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms. Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers.

Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain. Animals can be carriers with no visible symptoms and can potentially infect other animals or humans. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian.

Here is a link to see if your pet food is being recalled
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Pet food recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet food recall   Pet food recall Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 6:22 am

Thanks for finding this Topdog. It really scares me that there are so many recalls for pet food. It seems like it is happening more and more. Are we all better off making the food for our pets. That way we know it's safe (well as safe as our food is- we get recalls too)
Back to top Go down
giay
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Pet food recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet food recall   Pet food recall Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 11:00 pm

Is it because this pet food is from China?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pet food recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet food recall   Pet food recall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pet food recall
Page 1 of 1