Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Climbing up furniture

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Climbing up furniture Empty
PostSubject: Climbing up furniture   Climbing up furniture Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:38 pm

How do I get the kittens to stop climbing up the furniture? They are driving me crazy. They aren't ruining the furniture- but i"m sure it is a matter of time before they do.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Climbing up furniture   Climbing up furniture Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:27 pm

When I had four kittens to take care of, I had them restricted to the kitchen area. That's where they stayed, ate, slept, played, etc. I took them to the living room only when I knew they were tired and sleepy, so they'd cuddle with me on the couch in front of the TV. Somehow, they'd grasped the idea that you don't climb in the living room. Smile
Back to top Go down
Orrymain
I am a
I am a
Orrymain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Climbing up furniture   Climbing up furniture Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 5:58 am

They do have different products that supposedly repel pets from areas. Usually, you spray the furniture. I can't think of the name of it, but PetSmart has it. Whether or not it works, you'll have to experiment and find out.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Climbing up furniture   Climbing up furniture Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 3:40 pm

I think it is one of those lemon- or citrus-flavored sprays you are talking about Orrymain, I cannot remember the name either, but cats hate citrus, so if you just have some orange peels in the house, placing them on the furniture should help.
Back to top Go down
infernodude
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Climbing up furniture   Climbing up furniture Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:07 am

My cat used to do that when he was young. It still does but not so often... I wasn't able to find a solution for the problem but currently i don't care. He can go wherever he wants in the place where i keep him.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Climbing up furniture   Climbing up furniture Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:07 pm

Great thanks! I'll look for a spray- I want to get new furniture but don't want to have them ruin it! I don't think they will ever outgrow it- lol
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Climbing up furniture   Climbing up furniture Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 2:45 pm

KrisNY wrote:
Great thanks! I'll look for a spray- I want to get new furniture but don't want to have them ruin it! I don't think they will ever outgrow it- lol

So they are still doing it KrisNY? Well, sometimes this stage lasts longer, but I'm sure they will turn into couch potatoes when they get older. Most cats do! Smile And for now, the spray might help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Climbing up furniture   Climbing up furniture Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Climbing up furniture
Page 1 of 1