Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

what about pigs???

Go down 
+5
RustyK
sanju123
Topdog
Simplyme
tinker bell
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tinker bell
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-28

what about pigs??? Empty
PostSubject: what about pigs???   what about pigs??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 9:38 pm

I'm really curious if a pig could be a better pet. Remember the movie babe? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

what about pigs??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what about pigs???   what about pigs??? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:58 am

Though they do not necessarily roll around in the mud pigs can have a habit of being quite destructive and rambunctious if they are actually kept in your home. If you had a pig as a pet I would definitely recommend having a covered pen for him.
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

what about pigs??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what about pigs???   what about pigs??? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:32 pm

My experience is limited to pigs as a kid on a farm. I know that they are very territorial and dominating like dogs. They tend to want to be top-pig if you let them. They need their boundries set up for them. Pot Belly pigs are easier to domesticate than a normal 'farm pig'. I do remember the little pink babies running around, but as they got older you had to be careful around them. They are quite unruly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

what about pigs??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what about pigs???   what about pigs??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 8:32 am

Unruly is the word for pigs, I feel that they can't be comfortable if you are thinking of indoor pig. They can be kept at farm houses where there is ample of open area. They can be domestic animals but as pets a pig is not a good idea.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

what about pigs??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what about pigs???   what about pigs??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:01 pm

I have heard that pot belly pigs are very smart and easily trained. I believe one has even made it to a TV show, doing all kinds of tricks and obeying the owner's commands very well.
Back to top Go down
tinker bell
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-28

what about pigs??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what about pigs???   what about pigs??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:26 pm

yeah, i think that's where I got the idea, I was channel surfing and I saw this show in Japan wherein the master is making his pet pig do thricks...it was really funny since I haven't seen a pig do tricks before. Anyways, I really think that sanitation-wise, keeping a pig as a pet is unwise.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

what about pigs??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what about pigs???   what about pigs??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:34 pm

If you live in a house, I would say keep it in a barn. No need to turn a pig into a house pet, you can come to the barn as often as you like and train it, play with it, etc.
Back to top Go down
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

what about pigs??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what about pigs???   what about pigs??? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:23 am

There is a pig in the uK that is bred specifically to be pets and they are the cutest little things you have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Froix
I am a
I am a
Froix

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-07

what about pigs??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what about pigs???   what about pigs??? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 6:34 pm

I've never seen pigs as pets or anything other than they provide bacon on the breakfast table. An old man I knew once had this rule: Paws = pets, Hooves = food.
Back to top Go down
WaffleStomp
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-16

what about pigs??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what about pigs???   what about pigs??? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 1:13 am

sanju123 wrote:
Unruly is the word for pigs, I feel that they can't be comfortable if you are thinking of indoor pig. They can be kept at farm houses where there is ample of open area. They can be domestic animals but as pets a pig is not a good idea.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Pigs are not the things you want to be keeping as pets in your home.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

what about pigs??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what about pigs???   what about pigs??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:43 pm

Pigs are not house pets. I got bitten by one when I was younger, and we didn't let them in the house after that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what about pigs??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what about pigs???   what about pigs??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what about pigs???
Page 1 of 1