Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Sixth sense.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Sixth sense. Empty
PostSubject: Sixth sense.   Sixth sense. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:58 pm

I have heard several times that the dogs do have sixth sense well is it true, is that the dogs are able to sense approaching natural calamity?Have ever felt that your dog gets uncomfortable when there is some calamity around the corner?
Back to top Go down
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Sixth sense. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sixth sense.   Sixth sense. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:29 am

I have never experienced it myself, but I have heard this before. They say that most animals have this ability to sniff out anything untoward or dangerous.
Back to top Go down
lizd
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 35

Sixth sense. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sixth sense.   Sixth sense. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 10:48 am

I believe it. I had one firsthand experience with it too. When I was about 15 my dad and I were outside with our dog, Shadow. It was a beautiful sunny, calm summer day. All of a sudden Shadow started barking like crazy and pretty much going nuts. (Mind you, she wasn't a "barker." She only barked if there was a reason)

Anyway, not two minutes later, this enormous gust of wind came through, so strong that it picked up our garbage cans and patio furniture and blew them straight over the house into the backyard.

I have no idea what kind of natural occurence that was, but Shadow definitley knew it was coming. Maybe she heard it in the distance or maybe it was a sixth sense.
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Sixth sense. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sixth sense.   Sixth sense. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:27 am

I believe that as well. My cats can tell when I am sick and need a little extra love.
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91

Sixth sense. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sixth sense.   Sixth sense. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 7:53 pm

That is so sweet of yous cats.
There was only one instance when I felt that my dog sensed something much prior to its occurrence.It was a normal day and we all were at home. All of sudden my dog was barking and running around, very unusual way. It was getting more and more uncomfortable. We could not even fathom what was coming up, guys it was earthquake, the tremors shook us and left us shaken. We now sit and ponder over our pet' behavior on that day.
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Sixth sense. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sixth sense.   Sixth sense. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:33 am

Both my cats and my dogs get a little anxious when there is an impending storm brewing that has not quite hit us. Not only that I provided 24 hour in home care for a lady in my home and for about 2 to 3 days before I put her in respite so I could get a little break my German/Australian shepherd mix, who never paid her any mind, refused to leave her bedside. This lasted a few days before she went into respite and about 3 days after I had put her in respite care. She passed away her 2nd day in respite care. She was doing great when she left the house regardless of her dementia and was expected to live quite some time. My dog sensed it though and I knew something was going to happen with her behavior and it did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sixth sense. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sixth sense.   Sixth sense. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sixth sense.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: Pets :: 4 Legged Pets-
Jump to: