Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

How do you have fun?

Go down 
+6
lizd
crimson
sanju123
Topdog
LissyS
Simplyme
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

How do you have fun? Empty
PostSubject: How do you have fun?   How do you have fun? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 5:54 am

Whether alone or with friends or family what do you do to have fun? Do you do things differently now with the rising costs?
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: How do you have fun?   How do you have fun? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:02 pm

We have cut back on fun that costs money - things like bowling, going to the movies or shows. We still do cookouts, movie nights with DVD's borrowed from the library, taking walks in a park, etc. What do you do?
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: How do you have fun?   How do you have fun? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:12 pm

Good idea, I have never considered checking out DVD's from the library ! In these strange economic times, that is such a great idea !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: How do you have fun?   How do you have fun? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:55 am

It is quite important to cope up with to soaring prices, though we also have to cut down at certain points, but you see life goes on. Things are though a bit on higher side, but one has to manage in the best possible manner and it is better to have good time at right time.So enjoy and have good time.We love to enjoy each and every moment to the ultimate.
Back to top Go down
crimson
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: How do you have fun?   How do you have fun? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:21 pm

Now a days it is very difficult to have fun without spending money. To cope up with this try to look for hobbies that you can share time with your family. One example is watching DVD's with them. It's a bit cheaper than going to movies. Walking in the park with them is less expensive rather than going to shopping malls wich will temp you and your family to buy something. Having quality time with your family .
Back to top Go down
lizd
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: How do you have fun?   How do you have fun? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:35 pm

I couldn't imagine taking a family to the movies these days. It costs too much as it is for just my husband and I to go. When money is tight, instead of going out we'll just invite friends over. Generally everyone will bring some kind of snack to share with everyone. We all have a blast just playing games together.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: How do you have fun?   How do you have fun? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:55 pm

Topdog wrote:
Good idea, I have never considered checking out DVD's from the library ! In these strange economic times, that is such a great idea !!!

Yes, it's a great money-saver. I have rented all kinds of movies from our local library, they have quite a collection. The newest releases costs $1 to rent, then when some time passes they transfer them to regular rent-for-free shelf.
Back to top Go down
Froix
I am a
I am a
Froix

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: How do you have fun?   How do you have fun? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 6:46 pm

If you're into reading you'll also be surprised at what books are available at your library. I know I used to rent out fiction books from our school library from authors like Tom Clancy, Stephen King, Louis L'Amour and other really good ones.
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: How do you have fun?   How do you have fun? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:26 pm

My husband is a drummer and my daughter and I sing and we used to drive about an hour from home every friday to sing and play with a band but due to high gas prices we have had to scale that back to maybe once every 2 weeks. We do however go a few miles down the road to TR Speedway to watch the race just about every week. I also enjoy reading daily, which cost nothing when you go to the library 2 minutes from my home.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: How do you have fun?   How do you have fun? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:58 pm

I have tried playing lazer tag for the first time not very long ago, and it was more fun than I expected! There were kids, teens, and adults, all playing together and enjoying it. There is this dark maze where you only see people by the lights on their shoulders, back, and chest, and you aim at the lights as you shoot. People are not allowed to run or crouch, so hitting them is not hard, Very Happy Naturally, you get hit a lot, too. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kayawss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: How do you have fun?   How do you have fun? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:14 pm

We like to go geocaching (finding hidden things with our gps) and hiking. We also enjoy free movies online, jocolor .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you have fun?   How do you have fun? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you have fun?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: General Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: