Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Animal Books

Go down 
+4
aclowers
RustyK
sanju123
LissyS
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Animal Books Empty
PostSubject: Animal Books   Animal Books Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 9:29 pm

What are your favorite animal books? I love James Herriot's stories, they are filled with such love and humor. My most recent good find is a book called The Dog Who Rescues Cats by Philip Gonzalez, it is one amazing story. cat
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Animal Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Books   Animal Books Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:40 pm

I am not having animal books as such, but i do tune into Discovery channel to get to see all those animal programs.Then net provides every thing that my heart desires me to see.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Animal Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Books   Animal Books Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:48 pm

One book I have greatly enjoyed is A Cat Who Came For Christmas by Cleveland Amory. It is a rescue story, written by someone who loves and understands cats. I have a warning though: the book describes some bad animal abuse. I could barely read it.
Back to top Go down
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Animal Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Books   Animal Books Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:17 am

My most memorable animal book is Skedaddle Skunk. My 14 year old wanted me to read that to him everyday when he was little. I still have it memorized after all these years. "To have a friend, be a friend said Owl". Razz
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Animal Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Books   Animal Books Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:09 pm

aclowers wrote:
My most memorable animal book is Skedaddle Skunk. My 14 year old wanted me to read that to him everyday when he was little. I still have it memorized after all these years. "To have a friend, be a friend said Owl". Razz

That's one wise owl. Smile I have not heard of this book, is this a fairy tale? When I was a kid, I loved fairy tales that involved talking animals. You can teach a child many good lessons through stories like that.
Back to top Go down
Orrymain
I am a
I am a
Orrymain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Animal Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Books   Animal Books Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:43 pm

Does The Cat in the Hat count? I stay with the childhood classics, except I can't bare to read them. Unless I know I have a happy ending, I just don't want the trauma. How about Snoopy? He's a dog.
Back to top Go down
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Animal Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Books   Animal Books Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:11 am

I dont tend to read animal related books, but maybe I should. I often think that they are more gearde towards children such as the Three Little Pigs and Bambi etc.

I did used to wathc Lassie and Flipper when I was younger..oh and the one book I did read was Kes.
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Animal Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Books   Animal Books Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:15 pm

I love to look at the pictures in animal books. I can not read those however on cruelty cases, it just makes me sick.
Back to top Go down
Froix
I am a
I am a
Froix

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Animal Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Books   Animal Books Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:00 am

If you're into fiction novels, give Watership Down a try. It's about rabbits and it's one of the best books I've read. It has everything, drama, action, mystery,...
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Animal Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Books   Animal Books Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:34 pm

bubble wrote:
I dont tend to read animal related books, but maybe I should. I often think that they are more gearde towards children such as the Three Little Pigs and Bambi etc.

Well, that's kiddie fairy tale-like books. There are also some good ones, non-fiction, written for adults. Jerald Darrell wrote many great books, and I also like James Herriot, he was a vet so he described different cases he dealt with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Animal Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Books   Animal Books Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animal Books
Page 1 of 1