Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Fishing cat - I want one! :)

Go down 
+3
Froix
RustyK
LissyS
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Fishing cat - I want one! :) Empty
PostSubject: Fishing cat - I want one! :)   Fishing cat - I want one! :) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:19 pm

Attention cat lovers, and probably dog lovers as well! Take a look at this cool fishing cat:

http://www.hemmy.net/2007/10/21/extreme-pets-fishing-cat/

Wouldn't you want one?? bounce

(The photos of him with a chicken are a bit of a turnoff.)
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Fishing cat - I want one! :)   Fishing cat - I want one! :) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 5:33 pm

This one is soooo cool... He's like a mixture of a cat and a dog - he is BIG, and he loves to swim. I don't know whether I would want a cat like that though, he is a wild animal, even though he looks very domesticated and tame.
Back to top Go down
Froix
I am a
I am a
Froix

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Fishing cat - I want one! :)   Fishing cat - I want one! :) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 6:44 pm

Quote :
They are friendly to humans if they have been acquainted since young.

So how do these guys behave towards strangers. That's one large very capable looking cat.
Back to top Go down
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Fishing cat - I want one! :)   Fishing cat - I want one! :) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:37 am

I have never seen anything like it. Yes, the chicken pictures are definitely a turn off. I would be concerned not only for the other kitty but for any children in the household, as well. I am surprised they are even allowed to have this cat in captivity. Since, it is obviously still a predatory animal. I know you can get special permission to own exotic animals, but I don't think this is one I would want in my home. I have always thought that tigers are very beautiful and cuddly, but I wouldn't take the risk if given the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Fishing cat - I want one! :)   Fishing cat - I want one! :) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:15 pm

Froix wrote:
So how do these guys behave towards strangers. That's one large very capable looking cat.

That's a good question. As much as I love cats, I probably would be hesitant to come visit that home... With a wild animal, you just never know.

I don't know how this family was allowed to keep him at home, my guess is it is a part of a rescue operation.
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Fishing cat - I want one! :)   Fishing cat - I want one! :) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:23 am

Wow wonder what happens when the kitty decides he wants his brother for lunch !

OMG I don't know about that. I agree the chicken was a turn off !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
RustyK
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Fishing cat - I want one! :)   Fishing cat - I want one! :) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 1:22 am

I suppose they have to feed him a whole chicken like that and live fish in order to keep him healthy and satisfy the hunting instinct. The chicken did not look like it was alive (thank goodness).

That domestic cat looks so small comparing to the fishing fellow!
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Fishing cat - I want one! :)   Fishing cat - I want one! :) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:37 pm

The pictures with the chicken nearly made me sick.

It's a beautiful animal, though. I'd just be afraid that it would walk up behind me at night and eat me!
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Fishing cat - I want one! :)   Fishing cat - I want one! :) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:20 pm

I could have gone without seeing the mangled chicken. None-the-less that cat looks awesome. I am a little worried for the "average house cat" that they have. I can not imagine what would happen when the other one felt like "playing" with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fishing cat - I want one! :)   Fishing cat - I want one! :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fishing cat - I want one! :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: Pets :: Friends we have never hear about-
Jump to: