Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Rawhide Bones

Go down 
+3
bubble
ken7700
mandiees
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Rawhide Bones Empty
PostSubject: Rawhide Bones   Rawhide Bones Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:47 pm

Does anyone give rawhide to their dogs? One kind of rawhide tends to upset the stomachs of our guys, but I just cannot figure out what does it. Anyone else have this problem?
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Rawhide Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rawhide Bones   Rawhide Bones Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 9:14 am

I have never had that problem I do know my dogs like certain bones over other ones. The flavored ones they really get into.
Back to top Go down
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Rawhide Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rawhide Bones   Rawhide Bones Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:49 am

No, no problems to report here. My dog loves them and has never had any tummy upsets at all.
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115

Rawhide Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rawhide Bones   Rawhide Bones Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:33 am

My friend, who has two dogs, only asks that I get them rawhide bones if I want to give the dogs gifts. They both like them and my friend says that they are the best for them.

If the kind you give your guys upsets them, you might ask their vet if there is something about some bones that are manufactured differently and might upset your dogs tummies. He might have had some information about them that might give an alert to vets to pass on to their clients.
Back to top Go down
jimmys devoted
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Rawhide Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rawhide Bones   Rawhide Bones Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:40 pm

we had that. BUt it wa sbecause they were eating them in chunks. we switched to pig ears and they crunch ike potatoe chips and they enjoy them.
Another thing si to make sure that they are not waxed. we found out that some rawhide was waxed. I like to give them BIG knuckle bones ot keep them busy too.
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Rawhide Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rawhide Bones   Rawhide Bones Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:05 pm

We have had problems with our dogs, and 'weaved' rawhide sticks. They have several kinds woven into a stick. There is too much oil in them for our dogs to eat. We get the thicker flips and those seem just fine. The thin ones don't last long enough with them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255

Rawhide Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rawhide Bones   Rawhide Bones Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:35 am

Yes I give them to my dog. I have never noticed any problems with her when she eats them. Perhaps call the vet- maybe they can tell you something. Like if other dogs have this problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rawhide Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rawhide Bones   Rawhide Bones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rawhide Bones
Page 1 of 1