Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Pet Peeves

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:02 pm

Ok I have one for you all.

We live in the Southwest, hot hot hot most of the time.

During the summer the weather can go up to 120 degrees. Time and time again I have witnessed people walking their dogs across the hot pavement going into Petsmart or Petco. The dogs are basically dancing to get their owners to the sidewalks which isn't much cooler to walk on.

It makes me so angry to see this act happen. The people look like they care for their pets, are they just that stupid ????

Dogs sweat through the bottom of their paws, I cannot imagine walking across asphalt with no shoes in the middle of a hot summer day when it is 120 outside.

scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:06 pm

Quote :
Dogs can only sweat through the pads of their feet and their tongues, which is why the latter "drip" so much in very hot weather. All dogs overheat faster than people and have a harder time cooling down. Brachycephalic breeds, because of their very short noses, heat up much faster. Brachycephalic breeds include pugs, bulldogs, Pekingese, Boston terriers, Lhasa apsos and Shih tzus.
A little FYI
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:24 pm

I find this awful as well - I just want to go outside and yell at the people near my home that insist on walking their dogs in the street during the day!
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 5:56 am

I know this really bothers me as well. I live in AZ and we see this all the time as well as people chaining their pets up outside with nothing more than a tree for shade. The summers here average 118 degrees and sometimes humid so its nothing under 110 in the shade. So many homes have been busted for animal cruelty and neglect for this and not giving adequate water for the temperature.

My second biggest "pet" peeve here in AZ is seeing all these people leaving their small dogs in the car while they go shopping even with the windows down. It is way too hot for this what is wrong with people? I had to do this one time but we own a mini van and we had windows open and the dogs had a bowl of iced water. and I was just picking up a prescription that had been called in.
Back to top Go down
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:44 pm

I guess this is why they made those goofy dog shoes we all see!! I should buy some and hand them out to all of the awful owners that are burning their dog's tootsies.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:48 pm

I do not see this very often, but I have witnessed other cases of dog neglect. The thing about it is that people get soooo defensive if you say anything about how they mistreat or neglect their pets. I am at the point where I will no longer say anything - just report them.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:46 am

That is terrible. They aren't even thinking about the dogs.
My biggest pet peeve is when people get dogs and then tire of them- Tie them up outside and ignore them. No walks, no playing- only bother with them to feed them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pet Peeves
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: Pets :: 4 Legged Pets-
Jump to: