Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Spayed or neutered

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Spayed or neutered Empty
PostSubject: Spayed or neutered   Spayed or neutered Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:50 am

What is the age to get your cats spayed or neutered?

I've been hearing different dates all the time. DO they have to go into heat the first time? I really hope not- I remember boy cats spray when they go in heat and I don't want that all over my house.

Any idea?
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Spayed or neutered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spayed or neutered   Spayed or neutered Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:16 pm

I never heard that they had to go into heat first I've had cats fixed while they were kittens just a few months. Typically, you want to get them fixed before they go into heat and after they are weened from their mothers.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Spayed or neutered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spayed or neutered   Spayed or neutered Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:07 pm

I was thinking before they go in heat- that way they do not spray.

The kittens are weaned as the mom is gone. Only 2 more kittens to give to their new homes.

I'm going to call the vet and make appointments for the other 2 that we are keeping.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Spayed or neutered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spayed or neutered   Spayed or neutered Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 10:47 pm

My cats were already spayed when I had gotten them, so I did not have to wonder about that. I would suggest calling the vet, he would know exactly when the time is right.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Spayed or neutered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spayed or neutered   Spayed or neutered Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:40 am

I'm calling tomorrow to make the appointments for their first shots. The other 2 kitties went to their new homes Saturday night. So now we are down to the 2 we are keeping.

My friend took her kitten in already- they said 5.5 months before they can be spayed or neutered.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Spayed or neutered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spayed or neutered   Spayed or neutered Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:48 pm

Let us know now it goes. I always try not to laugh when a kitty acts "drunk" waking up after a neutering surgery... Smile
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Spayed or neutered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spayed or neutered   Spayed or neutered Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:41 am

Yep when I made the appointment for their first check-up the vet told me 6 months for the female and 6-8 for the male. I told her I would rather do them together and before they went into heat. She then said we could do it as early as 5.5 months. I'm setting up the appointment when we go on Oct 20th
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spayed or neutered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spayed or neutered   Spayed or neutered Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spayed or neutered
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: Pets :: 4 Legged Pets-
Jump to: